Ruthie and her mother Rita have been running for as long as they can remember. Between bad boyfriends, alcohol addiction and the liquor stores they steal from, their lives are anything but stable. When their scrappy old car finally dies in front of a diner they had just stolen food from, Ruthie and Rita are forced to settle down in a small town which just might hold the key to a better life.
Actress-turned-filmmaker Katie Holmes marks her directorial debut with a presence as strong as her character’s. Her handling of the material, adapted from a novel by Annie Weatherwax, is assured and anchored by heartfelt performances, not least of all, her own. With its simple yet well-executed story, All We Had is an actress-driven vehicle with sincerity and a lack of pretentiousness.
- Katie Holmes is an American actress best known for her work in Dawson’s Creek (1998-2003), Pieces of April (2003), Batman Begins (2005) and The Ice Storm (1997). After a brief hiatus, Holmes resurfaced in a series of supporting roles preceding her leading role in the indie feature Miss Meadows in 2014, before making her turn to directing.
- Jane Rosenthal, Katie Mustard, Berry Welsh
- Josh Boon, Jill Killington
- Katie Holmes, Luke Wilson, Stefania Owen
- ICM Partners / Jessica Lacy - email@example.com