ABOUT THE SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (SGIFF)
Founded in 1987, SGIFF is the largest and longest-running film event in Singapore. It has become an iconic event in the local arts calendar that is widely attended by international film critics, and known for its dynamic programming and focus on groundbreaking Asian cinema for Singapore and the region. Committed to nurturing and championing local and regional talent, its competition component, the Silver Screen Awards, brings together emerging filmmakers from Asia and Southeast Asia while paying tribute to acclaimed cinema legends. With its mentorship programmes, masterclasses and dialogues with attending filmmakers, the Festival also serves as a catalyst for igniting public interest, artistic dialogue, and cultural exchanges in the art of filmmaking. The SGIFF is organised by the Singapore International Film Festival Ltd, a non-profit organisation with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.
For more information, please visit: www.sgiff.com
We are seeking for suitably qualified individuals for the following position:
• Manage Peatix ticketing for masterclasses & talks (10-15 sessions), including set-up and event details (schedule, synopsis & visuals etc), monitor daily registration and bookings, and final settlement report.
• Assist in ticketing matters, including fulfilling partners/sponsors/guests’ requests and distribution of complimentary invites.
• Assist the hospitality department in the travel arrangements of visiting filmmakers & guests, including booking flights & accommodations, preparation of daily itineraries, organising social events and co-ordination of local ground transportation.
• Assist in the recruitment, briefing, scheduling and management of volunteers.
• Assist in the management of Front-of-House operations for Festival venues.
• Assist in general administration for the Festival.
• At least GCE “A” Levels or Diploma in Hospitality, Marketing, Arts Management and Media. Currently enrolled students are welcomed to apply.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
• Responsible, calm, meticulous, organized, and able to meet deadlines.
• Able to work independently and yet a team player.
• Interest in film and/or the arts would be preferred
PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT: 1 September to 20 December 2018. For currently enrolled students, they must be able to commit at least 20 hours weekly from Aug to Oct (with some work carried out off-site), and full-time from Nov onwards.
The project fee offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants may send a copy of your CV including the position you are applying for, a picture of yourself, two references, and your expected remuneration to [email protected] by 20 August 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.