ABOUT THE SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (SGIFF)
Founded in 1987, SGIFF is the largest and longest-running film event in Singapore. It has become an iconic event in the local arts calendar that is widely attended by international film critics, and known for its dynamic programming and focus on groundbreaking Asian cinema for Singapore and the region. Committed to nurturing and championing local and regional talent, its competition component, the Silver Screen Awards, brings together emerging filmmakers from Asia and Southeast Asia while paying tribute to acclaimed cinema legends. With its mentorship programmes, masterclasses and dialogues with attending filmmakers, the Festival also serves as a catalyst for igniting public interest, artistic dialogue, and cultural exchanges in the art of filmmaking. The SGIFF is organised by the Singapore International Film Festival Ltd, a non-profit organisation with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.
For more information, please visit: www.sgiff.com
We are seeking for suitably qualified individuals for the following position:
• Execution of the marketing communications strategy for the festival to achieve ticket sales targets.
• Strategise promotional and marketing ideas, and source for such partners to drive ticket sales, including managing negotiations and client servicing.
• Execution of branding and marketing campaigns, including the adaptation of design and production of festival marketing collateral, such as printed and digital materials, outdoor displays and advertising, trailers and merchandise.
• Assist in the management and maintenance of the festival website and social media platforms.
• At least a Diploma in Arts Management, Media, Mass Communications, Marketing or equivalent, with preferably 1 to 2 years of relevant experience (arts/film-related an advantage but not pre-requisite).
• Proficiency in graphic design (Photoshop/Illustrator) and basic video editing is a pre-requisite, while experience in managing websites or social media platforms is an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
• Driven, proactive, able to work independently and yet a good team player.
• Responsible, organized and able to meet deadlines
• Confident interacting with all levels of people
• Interest in film and/or the arts would be preferred
Period of Engagement: 1 July to 21 December 2018.
• Preparation of daily itinerary and programme for visiting filmmakers, including high profile festival guests.
• Liaise, communicate and negotiate with invited guests and/or their management for advance logistics and hospitality requirements.
• Assist to recruit a team of Artist Liaison Officers, and be in-charge of their training and management to ensure a well-run programme for the invited guests’ stay in Singapore, from arrival through to departure.
• Manage all artiste hospitality issues relating to invited guests’ hospitality arrangements and appearances at SGIFF 2018 events & receptions.
• Work closely with the rest of the hospitality department on the booking of air tickets & accommodations, local transportation and any other hospitality arrangements for invited guests.
• Work and co-ordinate closely with the Gala Events team with regards to event logistics during SGIFF 2018 events & receptions, as well as with the Festival Publicist for scheduling press interviews.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in entertainment, hospitality or performing arts industries, arts management or artiste management is a MUST.
• At least a Diploma in a related discipline.
• Strong organizational, management and communicative skills.
• Responsible, meticulous, good problem solving skills and able to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
• Able to work independently and yet a team player.
Period of Engagement: 1 October to 21 December 2018.
The project fee offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants may send a copy of your CV including the position you are applying for, a picture of yourself, two references, and your expected remuneration to [email protected] by 31 May 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.