ABOUT THE SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (SGIFF)
Founded in 1987, SGIFF is the largest and longest-running film event in Singapore. It has become an iconic event in the local arts calendar that is widely attended by international film critics, and known for its dynamic programming and focus on groundbreaking Asian cinema for Singapore and the region. Committed to nurturing and championing local and regional talent, its competition component, the Silver Screen Awards, brings together emerging filmmakers from Asia and Southeast Asia while paying tribute to acclaimed cinema legends. With its mentorship programmes, masterclasses and dialogues with attending filmmakers, the Festival also serves as a catalyst for igniting public interest, artistic dialogue, and cultural exchanges in the art of filmmaking. The SGIFF is organised by the Singapore International Film Festival Ltd, a non-profit organisation with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.
For more information, please visit: www.sgiff.com
We are seeking for suitably qualified individuals for the following position:
- • Execution of the marketing communications strategy for the festival to achieve ticket sales targets.
- • Strategise promotional and marketing ideas, and source for such partners to drive ticket sales, including managing negotiations and client servicing.
- • Execution of branding and marketing campaigns, including the adaptation of design and production of festival marketing collateral, such as printed and digital materials, outdoor displays and advertising, trailers and merchandise.
- • Assist in the management and maintenance of the festival website and social media platforms.
- • Assist in the facilitation of media interviews and film materials requests from the Festival Publicist.
- • At least a Diploma in Arts Management, Media, Mass Communications, Marketing or equivalent, with preferably 1 to 2 years of relevant experience (arts/film-related an advantage but not pre-requisite).
- • Proficiency in graphic design (Photoshop/Illustrator) and basic video editing is a pre-requisite, while experience in managing websites or social media platforms is an advantage.
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
- • Driven, proactive, able to work independently and yet a good team player.
- • Responsible, organized and able to meet deadlines
- • Confident interacting with all levels of people
- • Interest in film and/or the arts would be preferred
Period of Appointment: 15 July – 20 December 2019.
Interested applicants may send a copy of your CV including the position you are applying for, a picture of yourself, two references, and your expected remuneration to
[email protected] by 30 June 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.