Thanh Pho Khac
The predicaments of the characters within the urban landscape are woven seamlessly by a familiar Asian refrain.
- Pham Ngoc Lan studied urban planning at Hanoi Architectural University. His photographic and video work focuses on the influence of cityscapes on human relationships. Another City had its world premiere at the 66th Berlinale Shorts Competition.
A Little Tiger
The film centers on a group of people reconnecting at a particular high school, where the statue of King Rama VIII is known for answering the prayers of students wanting to get into university.
- Nutthapon Rakkhatham’s films have been featured in Thailand and Indonesia. He recently worked as an assistant director on the film Bangkok Stories. A Little Tiger is his second short film.
Two women recollect the sounds and images from places in their collective memories in this evocative dance-inspired film.
- A filmmaker and artist, Liao Jiekai’s films have travelled to various film festivals. He was conferred the Young Artist Award by the National Arts Council of Singapore in 2012. He is also a founding member of the film collective 13 Little Pictures.
An outdoor cinema truck travels to an abandoned archeological site that has been used for spiritual activity. While screening a film as an offer to an ancient ghost, something unexpected happens.
- Chai Siris is a rising star in experimental cinema in Thailand and collaborates regularly with Apichatpong Weerasethakul. His works have been featured at Documenta 13 and Venice International Film Festival.
On the Origin of Fear
Set entirely in an audio recording studio, a director pushes a soldier to the limit as he takes on the roles of both victim and aggressor in a scripted anti-communist propaganda campaign recording.
- A self-taught filmmaker and alumnus of Asian Film Academy, Bayu Prihantoro Filemon works primarily as a cinematographer. On the Origin of Fear is his directorial debut.