Prelude to the General
The spaces between two worlds are blurred as two women try to navigate them amidst a sense of political foreboding.
- Pimpaka Towira is a pioneer in the Thai independent film scene. She has worked as a producer, writer, video artist and lecturer. She is currently working on her next feature film The General’s Secret.
Two migrant workers with no money and a child seek employment opportunities on an island where anchorage is prohibited.
- Born in Singapore, Chiang Wei Liang was an alumnus of the Golden Horse Film Academy, mentored by director Hou Hsiao-Hsien. Anchorage Prohibited won Best Short Film at the Taipei Film Awards and the Audi Short Film Award at the 66th Berlinale.
Filipino seaman Arnie buys a ring to propose to his girlfriend back home over the Internet. Things take a turn when he finds out that she is pregnant and he is not the father of the child.
- Rina B Tsou has used her unique Taiwanese-Filipina roots to investigate subject matters relating to East Asia and Southeast Asia in her works.
In the Year of Monkey
Needing money urgently, Diah offers a match to Jarwo for 10,000 rupiahs. In return, he gets to see her genitals.
- Wregas Bhanuteja went to the Jakarta Institute of Arts, majoring in Film Directing. His films have been screened at festivals like the Berlin International Film Festival.
Bassley is a Nigerian football player in the Vietnamese football league. After he breaks his leg, he is let go and finds work in a sex parlour to provide for his wife and son back home.
- Born in Saigon, Le Bao began his filmmaking career when he borrowed an old camera from a friend to shoot his first short film.